Instrumentation Systems Technical Drafter
Through innovating and offering customized analytical solutions to our customers, our company has become a leader in its field. National in scope, Novatech specializes in industrial analytical instrumentation. Due to sustained growth during the past several years, our team continues to expand. Providing excellent working conditions and competitive salaries, our ongoing goal is to provide an enhanced employee experience and great place to work.
We are currently seeking a Technical Drafter to join our team in Calgary. Immediate supervisor: Operations Manager.
The available position requires a good general sense of organization, initiative, teamwork, along with a good knowledge of mechanical and electrical design. You will be responsible to work independently and manage your time efficiently based on project priorities.
- Prepare and revise detailed system drawings/documents such as:
- Instrumentation drawings and P&ID’s; (Autocad)
- Bill of materials;
- Electrical schematics;
- 3D General arrangement drawings and assemblies (Solidworks 3D)
- Other documents as required by clients and their representatives.
- Create and maintain parts database (Solidworks Vault and SAP) as required;
- Plan and manage the design tasks and follow the project schedule;
- Work with customer and engineering firm’s documentation control departments;
- Read, interpret, and discuss client drawing markups with inhouse and external client designers.
- Work closely with other departments within the company, external clients, and suppliers.
- All other pertinent tasks
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Engineering Design and Drafting Technology diploma, or similar. Other pertinent work experience will be considered;
- Excellent CAD skills (AutoCAD and Solidworks 3D);
- Good written and spoken abilities in English (French an asset).
- General computer skills in the Windows environment including Microsoft Office suite.
- Understanding of the following topics would be an asset: instrumentation, gas sampling systems, industrial process, oil & gas industry, and mechanical design.
- Autonomous, initiative, team player, and with excellent attention to detail.
If this challenge stimulates you and you believe that your expertise will be an added value to our organization, please send us your resume.
We thank all applicants but will only contact those selected.